Let me guess, just the thought of a big wedding, with all the fluff and endless guest list makes you want to run away to the mountains?
Oh friend, then that is exactly what you should do!
Except how do you do that? Taking on planning an elopement can also seem like diving into the great unknown. It is a little harder to come by an elopement planner! Don’t worry I gotcha! So here it is girl, the very basics to help you get started with planning your very own elopement!!
Freakin’ heck yes man!! This already calls for a celebration so grab your favorite craft beer and lets get started!
- Start DREAMING! Plan a date night with just you and your lover and explore all the possibilities that light your heart on fire.
- Have a hike that has significance to your love story? Perfect.
- Feel the most connected when you are lost between trees in the forest? Rock on!
- Or have absolutely no freaking clue? Let’s go!
- Even if your ideas for your day are fuzzy and vague jot them down!
- Do your RESEARCH. Once you settle a little more on a location or deciding between two seperate locations, start figuring the details to make that happen. Here is a list of things you should consider:
- What are the local marriage laws and requirements?
- Do you need a permit to get photos taken there?
- Do you need a permit to set up a ceremony arch?
- What is the weather like at that time of year?
- What time does the sunset that time of year?
- Are dogs allowed? Ya know you gotta bring your fur baby!
- Hammer out the DETAILS. This is when you have to make those choices of who, what, when.
- If you want to invite your closest friends and family, right on! If you would rather it be just you two and…uhhh ME, sign me up!
- Will you have a celebratory dinner/drink? If so what and how will you make that happen. Maybe that means packing marshmallows and chocolate in your pack for smores at the campfire to end your elopement day.
- What activities do you want to do on your elopement day? Spa day, hiking, camping, swimming, dancing, skydiving, the list is endless! Try to choose things that you two LOVE to do together.
- Decide who will marry you. Do you want an ordained minister, your dad, best friend or even I can marry you? Getting ordained is surprisingly easy, friend.
- Start BOOKING! But first, don’t freak out if you don’t have it all figured out! I will help you! I love being able to help ease the stress and offer my expertise in planning a seamless elopement day.
- Find flower shops near that area. Psst…you can even use dried flowers from etsy.
- Local make-up artists or hair stylists. Oh hey girl, you can also just do that yourself.
- Book your food or make it yourself!
- Oh hey, if you haven’t already now is the time to book your photographer/adventure buddy for the day!
- Sit back and relax! There is no need to stress this. If you are ever at the point that you feel overwhelmed contact me! I am more than happy to talk things through will all my couples.
- Don’t let anyone guilt trip you for choosing to elope. This is a day about YOU and YOUR LOVE not anyone else.
- You are the one making the commitment to spend the rest of your life with someone, and guess what? It ain’t to your aunt Susuan so it really doesn’t matter what she says!
- Don’t loose focus on what this is all about. Keep true to who you are and what your love looks like at its purest, then form a day that represents that.
My hope for you is that you are able to create a day that lights your heart on fire! There is something so brave about ditching the big wedding stress and choosing a day that truly reflects you and your love. I hope this guide helps bring you closer to living out your dream elopement!